A year ago I wrote a post about the new regulations for Iberian hams and other Iberian products which can be seen here. Well, these regulatons are finally being applied. In addition to these, there will be 4 different coloured tags to distinguish the different classifications of ham. A black tag will be used for 100% pure bred free range Iberian pigs that have fed on acorns for the last 3 months or so before being slaughtered. A red tag will be used for pigs that have been cross bred (normally with Duroc pigs), but have followed the same regime as the pure bred animals. A green tag will be used for animals that are free range but have not eaten acorns. Finally, a white tag will be used for intensively farmed animals.
- Iberian ham tour to the Jabugo area and Aracena
- Wine tasting at El Rinconcillo in Seville
- Wine tour to Ronda
- Excursion to the Sierra of Grazalema
- Wine tour to Jerez de la Frontera
- Wine tasting in Seville (II)
- Wine tour to Jerez and Sanlúcar and Iberian ham tour
- Iberian Ham Tours
- Visit to Sanlúcar de Barrameda
- Short programme on iberico ham.